an Alumni Chapter
Contact the Chapter Coordinator: Emily Payne for additional information,
but here are the general steps involved in organizing a Chapter.
• Contact the Chapter Coordinator at the SFA Alumni Association, P.O.
Box 6096-SFA Station, Nacogdoches, TX 75962, (936) 468-3407 or 1(800)
• Review the Alumni Chapter Information Packet for ideas on how to structure and operate a successful Chapter.
• Find three to five alumni who would be willing to serve as officers of the Chapter.
• Set up an organizational meeting in conjunction with the SFA Alumni Association.
Organizational Committee Meeting
The original nucleus of the SFA alumni mentioned above is hereby considered the Organizing Committee.
The Organizing Committee should decide upon a time, date and place for
an organizational meeting of the SFA Alumni Association Chapter and
inform the SFA alumni in your area.
• At the organizational meeting, leaders should be chosen who can delegate the responsibilities of planning your next event.
The SFA Alumni Association will help finance, prepare and mail
announcements to all SFA alumni living in the chapter area for the
initial organizational meeting.
The SFA Alumni Association will make every effort to secure a speaker
for the organizational meeting. If possible, a representative of the
SFA Alumni Association will be present to assist in the formation of
Conducting Business of the Organizational Meeting
• Aside from the program, the business during the organizational
meeting is to be conducted by the local SFA Alumni Chapter. The
business should be well planned and a temporary chairperson should
The temporary chair (or SFA Alumni Association representative) should
present the mission and objectives of an SFA Alumni Chapter.
• The Chapter Constitution, as presented by the organizing committee, shall be discussed and adopted by the Chapter.
• Discuss and elect a slate of officers.
A discussion will be held relative to the Chapter’s future activity and
its committees. Now is the time to ask the alumni for their interest
and help on the Chapter’s necessary committees.
• Discuss Chapter financing such as fund-raisers or sponsorships.
• Obtain a roster of those present with addresses and other pertinent information.
Follow-up of the Organizational Meeting
• Forward a meeting report to the Chapter Coordinator. Include the
names and addresses of officers and all others attending the meeting as
well as the Chapter’s territorial boundaries.
Schedule follow-up phone call with Chapter Coordinator. Be prepared to
submit official Chapter contact for posting on the Alumni Association’s
Congratulations! You’re now recognized as an SFA Alumni Chapter!